Fullmetal Alchemist Insomnia: Fanfiction - Reaching Out to You






Fullmetal Alchemist

Insomnia



Ed Pillow and Al Pillow's

Bedtime Stories!

Reaching Out to You

by Melody

Dear Edward and Alphonse:

I saw with my own eyes that Edward went back to the place where he had been for the past few years and I know that both of you are together there now. I am glad you aren’t alone but have each other to rely on. Somehow, even though I know the chance of seeing you two again is slim, I simply cannot accept that you will never, ever come home.

Remember when we were little and all the games we used to play? How we ran races and walked along the fence rails and had picnics in the shade? Remember how you guys used to make disgusting sandwiches for each other which you dared the other to eat? Edward, I remember how tears would run down your cheeks from the strong onions Al would put in your sandwiches because he knew they would make you cry “onion tears” as you bravely ate those sandwiches anyway. And how you’d always have some way to get him back, putting ointment on the handles of his dresser drawers or arranging things so that he would have to do more than half the work when you did your chores together. And then Al, you would sew the sleeves of his jacket shut or hide his favorite alchemy book in the darndest places and then make him search for it with your ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ clues as to where it was. And when Ed was ready to pound you into the ground your mom would see that things had escalated too far for one day and would call you both into the house and distract you from your rivalry by giving you freshly baked cookies or having you help her to make ice cream for dessert. Even though you had to take turns cranking the handle of the ice cream maker that always seemed to solve your differences and you were friends again.

Remember how scared I was when you used alchemy to make me that doll for a present? I cried but I was okay when I saw how pretty the doll was and I still have her on the shelf in my room. I’ll bet you don’t know that I’ve kept it all these years. When you went away Ed, I treasured her more than ever because she reminds me of all of us as we were long ago.

Edward, remember when you came back and I had new automail all ready for you? I’ll have another set ready soon--it’s the very latest model in automail technology--to keep for you for when you come back. I know you’ll need it. This letter to you and Al will be in the automail case for you to read on that day. We keep a light burning in the window every night to guide you home.

Love, Winry

The End

~ Disclaimer ~

The webmistresses of Fullmetal Alchemist Insomnia claim no ownership of Fullmetal Alchemist, nor its
characters, nor its pillows, other than the two we actually own. Fullmetal Alchemist belongs to Square Enix and Bones.

E-MAIL THE AUTHOR! fmainsomnia@gmail.com

GO BACK TO BEDTIME STORIES!

GO TO THE MAIN PAGE OF FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST INSOMNIA